Definition of Noun: A noun is a word that names a person, place, thing or idea.
|What is a Noun?||What is a Noun for Kids?|
|Types of Nouns||Classifying Noun|
|Possessive Nouns||Collective Nouns|
|Irregular Plural Nouns||Singular and Plural Nouns|
|Common and Proper Noun||Common Proper Noun Worksheet|
Concrete nouns name people, places, or things that you can touch, see, hear, smell, or taste.
|Mr. Sharma||New Delhi||Table|
Abstract nouns name ideas, concepts, or emotions. These nouns are intangible, which means you cannot touch, see, hear, smell, or taste them using your five senses.
Hint: Remember one thing that pronouns are not nouns.
Find out NOUNS from examples for exercise
- The lamp sits on a table next to the sofa.
- The theory of relativity is an important concept.
- I turned my back on that out that outrageous man.
- The band played until three in the morning.
- He works at the base on the other side of town.
- If you look up there you can see a bat flying between the trees.
- Do you know the name of that bird on that branch?
- He received a mighty blow from his opponent in the boxing match.
- You will find the coin at the bottom of the lake.
- I’ll take a five minute break and then get back to work.