Definition: To demonstrate is to show something. Demonstrative pronouns show or point to objects or people.
|Close to speaker||Far from speaker|
This and that refer to singular objects or people.
- There is no end to this.
- That is a very tall building.
These and those refer to plural objects or people.
- Are those your shoes.
- Those are the tallest skyscrapers in the city.
Find out Demonstrative Pronouns from the examples for exercise
- This way my mother’s ring.
- That looks like the car I used to drive.
- These are nice shoes, but they look uncomfortable.
- Those look like riper than the apples on my tree.
- Such was her command over the English languages.
- None of these answer are correct.
- Neither of the horses can be ridden.
- That was such an interesting experience.
- You’ll have to get your own pen. This is mine.
- Because of their bad behaviour, none of the children were given allowances.