Relative Pronouns Chart, Definition, Examples and Exercise
Definition: A relative is someone who has a relationship with you. Relative pronouns show a relationship between a noun and a clause. The clause provides describing information about the noun. You can also use relative pronouns to combine two sentences into one.
Note– Some relative pronouns may look like interrogative and demonstrative pronouns, but they does not mean all three types of pronouns do the same job.
Examples of Relative pronouns:-
- The cyclist who won the race trained hard.
- The pants that I bought yesterday are already stained.
- The four team leaders, whom ever the committee selects, will be at tomorrow’s meeting.
- Where did you buy the dress what you wore last week?.
- The book , when it was finally returned, was torn and stained.
- The festival, which lasted all day, ended with a banquet.
- I am looking for someone who can watch my dog while i go on vacation.
- The police needed details that could help identify the robber.
- I’d like to take you to a cafe which servers excellent coffee.
- He club house, in which the dance was held, housed about 200 people.