Future progressive tense is a part of Future tense. Future tense indicates that an action will take place in near or far future.
What is Future progressive tense?
Future progressive tense is used to indicate a continuing action that will occur at some point in the future. It is a English verb tense. It expresses that something will be in progress at a particular moment in future.
However, It is also called future continuous tense.
- I will be studying.
- She will be reading.
- I will be leaving.
Uses of future progressive tense
- Future progressive tense is used to indicate that something will happen or take place in near future. For example: You will be hearing from us in the coming months.
- It is also used to talk about future events which are fixed or decided. Personnel intentions are not suggested here. For example: I will be seeing her one of these days.
- It can also be used to predict the present. For example: Don’t call him now, he will be having shower.
- The future progressive tense can also be used to make polite inquiries about people’s plan. For example: Will you be singing till the night.
- Whenever we want to know listener’s plan, future progressive tense is used. For example: Are you coming to my house this Sunday?
It follows a specific structure or standard formula which is as follows:
It is created with “to be” verb conjugation” and the present participle of a verb (with an –ing ending).
We use Subject+ will be+ present participle of verbs to form the future progressive.
Some examples of future progressive tense:
- I will be eating your chocolate.
- I will be reading this newspaper.
- She will be bargaining.
- I will be seeing you soon.
- Will you be coming at my place?
These are some of the examples which can be used while framing sentences.