What is future tense?
There are three types of tenses , that is, Present tense, Past tense, Future tense. Here, we will discuss Future Tense.
Future tense is a type of Tenses. It generally marks the event described by the verb that will happen in future and has not happened yet.
Moreover, it expresses a future event or a future state of being. The future expressed byit generally means the future related to the moment of speaking.
Uses of Future tense
- The most important use of it is to describe the events of Future or to talk about things that has not happened yet.
- We can use the it to talk about an action or condition that will begin and end in the future.
- We can use it to discuss about future plans or plan something which will take place in future.
- It can also be used to ask about any event that will happen in future.
Types of Future Tense
- Simple future tense: It is used for an action or an event that will happen or occur in future. For example: She will go, I will celebrate my birthday by flying to London.
- Future progressive tense: The future progressive tense is used for an on-going action that will occur in the future. For example: She will be going, I will be dancing for next two hours.
- Future perfect tense: It is used to describe an action that will have been completed at some point in the future. For example: She will have gone, By the time you arrive, we will have finished the practice.
- Future perfect progressive: Future perfect progressive is used for an on-going action that will be completed at some specific time in future. For example: She will have been going, In August next week, you will have been studying for five years.
Examples of Future tense
- I will be happy.
- I will jump in the pool.
- She will come here tomorrow.
- I will give her a nice gift.
- He will marry her next year.
- He will get admission in new school.
- Rahul will send me mail.
Moreover, these are some of the examples of future tense which will help you in framing sentences.