The verb to be can be used as 3 different types of verbs.
Bob is ill.
My friends were late.
I am the first student to graduate from my family.
Hint: if to be is followed by when or where (an adverb), it is a state-of-being (a type of action) verb.
Find out the verb to be from the examples for exercise:
- The little boy has been naughty.
- She has been rude, but now she apologizes.
- They have been tricked.
- The house will be cleaned.
- The light was turned on.
- Cars are bought.
- I am trying to get some sleep.
- Justin and Ethan are watching a movie.
- The students were excited to be at school.
- We were happy to have our friends over last week.